Re: [ft-devel] Contribution to freetype

From: Ewald Hew
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Contribution to freetype
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2018 11:43:08 +0800

Hi Parth,

> I am unable to figure out the working of `FT_Face_InitFunc` in the `ftdrv.h`
> file.
> particularly, how does the call to `init_face` function invokes the
> particular font format's driver.
> Please help.

I suggest you read the article here
<https://www.freetype.org/freetype2/docs/design/design-6.html>, which
goes into some detail about how interfaces are being implemented in
FreeType.

Basically, `FT_Face_InitFunc' is a function pointer type (with its
signature), through which the driver-specific implementation of
`init_face' can be set, per module. Look up the `FT_DEFINE_DRIVER'
macro and where it's being used.

Ewald