Re: [ft-devel] Contribution to freetype

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Contribution to freetype
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2018 07:21:00 +0100 (CET)

> I successfully compiled the example in this way:
> $gcc example1.c -I/home/parth/anaconda3/include/freetype2 \
>      -L/home/parth/anaconda3/lib -lfreetype -lm
>
> But, when I run $./a.out font sample-text for checking output it
> shows Segmentation fault (core dumped).  Please help.

The demo programs leave out all error checking for simplicity.  You
have to take care of that by yourself.

I strongly suggest that you get acquainted with (a) compiling and
linking in general, and (b) how to use a debugger like `gdb' or a GUI
front-end to it to identify the source code location where the program
crashed.

However, this mailing list is not the right place to do that, sorry.