Re: [ft-devel] Gone Redmond

From: Chris Liddell
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Gone Redmond
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2017 08:32:51 +0100

On 20/09/17 17:00, Alexei Podtelezhnikov wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 10:01 AM, Chris Liddell
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> - drop vc2005 and earlier support altogether as those compilers have
>>> reached their EOL.
>>> - drop wince as well since vc2012 and up supports wince
>>> - drop vc2008 next year
>>> - drop single-threaded configurations deprecated as of 2005
>>> - add dynamic library configuration
>>> - get freetype-demos to build
>
> Not necessarily in that order :). I want to get or demo programs to
> build out of box on Windows first.

My point was whether "dropping vc2005" meant just the VS2005
project/solution files, or whether it was something more entailed, for
example, switching to a requirement for full C99?

Similarly, "drop single-threaded configurations": that's in terms of the
libraries linked in the VS builds, and not always requiring threading
support in the Freetype core?

>> we use our own build system to build the Freetype sources.
>
> I would appreciate if your shared the project/solution and resource
> files for FreeType.

It's just a "simple" makefile, integrated into the Ghostscript build system:
https://git.ghostscript.com/?p=ghostpdl.git;a=blob_plain;f=base/freetype.mak

Chris