Re: [ft-devel] [GSoC] CID font support, and others

From: Dave Arnold
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] [GSoC] CID font support, and others
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2017 12:40:14 -0700

Hi Werner,

You are correct that CoolType does not have the improvement that the initial hintmap was designed for. It also does not have some of the heuristics that improve rendering of complex CJK glyphs. On the other hand, CoolType has more code devoted to rendering bilevel bitmaps. (In the early days of PostScript, that was the only kind of rendering.)

-Dave