Re: [ft-devel] [GSoC] CID font support, and others

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] [GSoC] CID font support, and others
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2017 07:50:00 +0200 (CEST)

>> Ewald, have you already done some benchmarks?
>
> I finally got the freetype2-demos to work with callgrind, but many
> of the calls have no debug label.  In fact, it seems like the demos
> are linking to my system-provided libfreetype instead of the git
> devel one, hence no debug information. I'm trying to fix that right
> now.

Are you doing a `developer's build' (i.e., `make devel; make' in
`freetype2', then a simple `make' in `freetype2-demos')?  This should
create statically linked binaries quite easily.

> I have noticed that FT_DivFix (and it's callees) account for a
> decent proportion of the runtime, around 18% or so.

We only provide assembler code (or compiler-specific optimizations)
for `FT_MulFix'.  Maybe it makes sense to try something similar for
`FT_DivFix' also...