[ft-devel] success with branch `kushal-work'

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [ft-devel] success with branch `kushal-work'
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2017 01:00:30 +0200 (CEST)

Kushal,

finally, I had success!  Attached is the script I'm using; it should
run out of the box (note the minor fixes to `make tests').

Regarding the HTML presentation, there is still a lot of room for
visual improvements.  Given that GSoC ends soon, I ask you for new
commits :-) In particular, you are generating sprites, but I don't see
them in action.  Am I missing something?

BTW, I suggest that a glyph image appears magnified by a factor 10 or
so if the cursor hovers over it.  What do you think?

    Werner
#!/bin/sh
#
# This script builds up an environment in the current directory for testing
# Kushal's font testing stuff.
#
# For building, we use the FreeType git repository.  You also need GNU
# aclocal, autoconf, libtool, and GNU sed.

# The FreeType git repository URL.
FREETYPE_REPO=file:///home/wl/git/freetype/freetype2

#
# Nothing to configure below.
#

# Clean up, just to be sure.
rm -rf base
rm -rf test

# We check out and build version 2.6.5 as the baseline.
git clone --mirror $FREETYPE_REPO base/.git
cd base
git config --unset core.bare
git config receive.denyCurrentBranch updateInstead
git checkout -b VER-2-6-5 VER-2-6-5

# Activate subpixel rendering.
sed -i "s|/\* *\(#define  *FT_CONFIG_OPTION_SUBPIXEL_RENDERING\) *\*/|\1|" \
     include/freetype/config/ftoption.h

./autogen.sh
./configure --enable-shared --disable-static
make

BASE_DLL=`pwd`/objs/.libs/libfreetype.so

cd ..

# We test `master' against the baseline.
git clone --mirror $FREETYPE_REPO test/.git
cd test
git config --unset core.bare
git config receive.denyCurrentBranch updateInstead
git checkout -b kushal-work origin/kushal-work

./autogen.sh
./configure --enable-shared --disable-static
make

TEST_DLL=`pwd`/objs/.libs/libfreetype.so

# Build test program; ensure to not link statically with FreeType.
cd tests/make_png
make SRC_LIB= \
     OBJS= \
     LIBS="-lpng -ldl" \
     tests

# Run tests.
echo ./tests $BASE_DLL $TEST_DLL test.ttf 20
./tests $BASE_DLL $TEST_DLL test.ttf 20

cd ..

# eof