Re: [ft-devel] [GSoC] Extending the CF2 interpreter

From: Ewald Hew
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] [GSoC] Extending the CF2 interpreter
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2017 17:39:25 +0800

Finally fixed and pushed Type 1 seac.

I ended up having to do the recursive call from inside instead of
using the callback, this is because following that code path resets
the outline, which is not desired in between loading base and accent
characters.

With this, Type 1 now works in new interpreter! Yet to test specific
edge cases. I've attached a little comparison gif.

One thing does bother me - the base characters of accented glyphs
(using seac), i.e. the stuff appearing around the fifth row, seem to
shift horizontally. This is especially obvious with the accented 'i's
which appear off center in Adobe mode. Not sure if this is a problem
with the handling of left sidebearing, or some other metric, I'm
looking into it.

Once I've got that fixed up, I'll reorganize all the commits, add
changelogs, and update the clean branch.

Do tell me if you spot any other discrepancies in the new output.

Ewald