Re: [ft-devel] Three GSoC students for FreeType Re: Freetype-devel Diges

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Three GSoC students for FreeType Re: Freetype-devel Digest, Vol 148, Issue 11
Date: Mon, 08 May 2017 08:13:23 +0200 (CEST)

> I just want to clarify source control / merging workflow around
> here.  Is it only using difference files via mail?  I have made a
> fork onto Github, but I'm not sure if you'd like to use that for any
> vetting/review purposes.

I think it's better that I give you write access to the FreeType
repositories so that you can set up individual branches.  No need for
diff files :-) However, I would like to have the commit topology of
master as simple as possible (i.e., linear).  To do so, I ask you to
rebase regularly so that I can cherry-pick whatever you want to have
merged early.

For the beginning, I ask you to not commit to `master'.

You can create as many branches as you need.  For example, your first
one is your working branch where you do wild things, and a second one
has small, logically organized, and cleanly documented commits that
are suitable for merging (note my emphasis on *small*, *logical*, and
*clean* :-)

Ewald, Arvinder, Kushal: In case you haven't yet an account on
Savannah, please create one and tell me your Savannah nickname!  In
particular, you have to register your public GPG key – be careful
while doing so, there have been sometimes complaints that it doesn't
work.

. Generate your ASCII GPG key with

    gpg --export --armor <YOUR ID>

. Paste it into Savannah.  It must include the

  lines.

. You must not introduce arbitrary linebreaks while pasting.  I
  suggest that you increase the size of the GPG edit box horizontally
  so that you can check that.