Re: [ft-devel] New `slight' auto-hinting mode

From: Nikolaus Waxweiler
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] New `slight' auto-hinting mode
Date: Tue, 02 May 2017 16:54:04 +0200

> > - Please extend fractional advances to LCD target.
>
> It's not clear to me what you want.  Please elaborate.

When you use subpixels for glyphs, you might as well use subpixels for
the advance width ;) I think using the TrueType interpreter v38 and v40
 should turn on fractional advance widths for TrueType fonts. Maybe you
can turn it on for all TrueType fonts because v35 fonts will round the
phantom points anyway?