Re: [ft-devel] How does one enable the new slight auto-hinting mode?

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] How does one enable the new slight auto-hinting mode?
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2017 17:50:07 +0200 (CEST)

>> But strangely is see no issue related to slight auto-hinting in
>> Chromium at all.

Interesting.

> Here is another example which uses webfonts:
> http://ilovetypography.com/2016/04/18/the-first-roman-fonts/
> Chromium above, Firefox below: http://imgur.com/a/WNR1R

Ouch.  However, I think it is *impossible* to get such a bad result
with my change.  Are you sure that Firefox's font cache was refreshed?

Unfortunately, on my openSUSE box, Firefox seems to use a compiled-in
FreeType version, since `ldd' shows nothing (and testing with
`LD_PRELOAD' doesn't show a difference).