[ft-devel] Answering my own queston - Region_t - Re: one question answer

From: Hin-Tak Leung
Subject: [ft-devel] Answering my own queston - Region_t - Re: one question answered, and another comes (Re: FT_Bitmap_Convert, and FreeType's bitmap format vs Cairo's)
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2017 13:27:26 +0000 (UTC)

To answer my own question again - cairo has a cairo_region_intersect() and
cairo_region_intersect_rectangle().
This is almost as good as the numpy vector sum. (the vector sum can pack
tighter).

Unfortunately these are only exposed to python via either a python3-specific
custom patch which Ubuntu/Debian carries
(Fedora certainly does not), or use the recently merged pycairo 1.11 released a
couple of weeks ago.
(or qahirah). I'll go the pycairo 1.11+ path.

Not quite sorry for the noise - Google doesn't really have answers to these :-).