Re: [ft-devel] Idea

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Idea
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2017 05:05:23 +0100 (CET)

Doreen, have you seen our GSoC page?

  https://www.freetype.org/gsoc.html

Use this as a starting point.

> another idea is that we can develop a frame work to balance a black,
> white, and grayscale, rendering so it can look better on most
> operation systems

Your suggestion is far too broad.  Honestly, I'm rather clueless what
you are suggesting at all.  You have first to define `look better' in
technical terms, then you must also describe what you mean with
`balance black, white, and grayscale'.  Finally, what do you mean with
`most operation systems'?

Please bear in mind that a GSoC project should be a rather small,
self-contained, precisely defined task that can be done, well, during
the summer.

And *please* get acquainted with the FreeType library before
suggesting improvements!  I have a strong feeling that you don't know
what you are talking about.