Re: [ft-devel] All glyphs in these two fonts are (Re: Freetype-devel Dig

From: Hin-Tak Leung
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] All glyphs in these two fonts are (Re: Freetype-devel Digest, Vol 145, Issue 6)
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2017 22:31:29 +0000 (UTC)

Not much to add other than that these two fonts seems seriously broken in the
hinting department. Before it even starts to loop, there is a stack overflow
with the fpgm, then a lot of stack and storage abuse, before FreeType gave up
on them doing too many backwards jumps. The backward jump loop is in the
cvt/prep, which one can see from the FontVal report - the stack /storage abuse
are cycling over the same byte offsets.