Re: [ft-devel] twilight zone and engine compensation; and v 2.7.1 schedu

From: Hin-Tak Leung
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] twilight zone and engine compensation; and v 2.7.1 schedule?
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2016 20:43:30 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 27/10/16, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

> > Any thoughts/hints about the subtlety of
 hinting between twilight
 > zone and
 engine compensation?

 >No
 ideas :-) Please ask Greg Hitchcock (and CC me); if time
 permits he
 can then look up the sources.

I'll do that, when I can formulate a clear question...

 Also, I found a few 'XXX undocumented' which are
 actually documented
 > in Apple's
 version of the truetype reference. There are small
 > differences between the apple one and MS
 one, in these cases, rather

 important/interesting.  [...]

 > Can you provide patches?

I keep some notes as part of the diagnostics patch set, and break off pieces to
upstream occasionally. Are you happy with a comment-only patch for these sorts
of thing?

> The idea was that OpenType variation support
 gets added after 2.7.0,
 so I made that
 release.  I will do 2.7.1 soon, but I don't have an
 exact schedule yet.  Is there a reason to
 hurry?

Just me torn between rebase'ing and waiting for the next release as there are a
few collisions and additions past 2.7 I like to integrate into the diagnostics.
Anyway, I have rebased...

Hin-Tak