Re: [ft-devel] GETVARIATION and GETDATA

From: Hin-Tak Leung
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] GETVARIATION and GETDATA
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2016 02:11:37 +0000 (UTC)

> This
 is to make the Chinese
 > fonts that draw
 the glyph in their hint instructions to work.  So,
 > you can grab one of those and modify to
 inspect the return value of
 > this
 instruction.

Behdad,

Do you have any reference/names for those fonts? I have extracted all the fonts
shipped on 10.2, as well as the last of the Classics (9.2.2, and 9.0). Nothing
interesting shows up, other than a Helvetica which contains the DEBUG opcode.

I reckoned it is fairly rare, so the only possibility is a localized version of
Mac OS Classic, or the pre-internationalised Classic (System 7.5 up to but not
including 8.5), in the external Language Kit add-on.

I have the pre-internationalised Classic Language Kits on a CD somewhere in my
house, but it would be nice not to try to dig it up :-).