Re: [ft-devel] the fontval error enums, and the freetype-demo ftvalid c-

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] the fontval error enums, and the freetype-demo ftvalid c-tool
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 15:34:28 +0200 (CEST)

> The list of enums within FontVal are auto-generated from the master
> documentation - it keeps the code and help file in sync.

Good.

> I am wonder if it is okay to keep a composite struct list
>
> struct[] FontValErrors = {
> { enum1, "name_of_enum1"},
> { enum2, "name_of_enum2"},
> }
>
> on the freetype side?

Why?  The current approach is having FT_ERRORDEF_ macros that define
the error macro, the error code, and the error message, and it is up
to the application to create a proper enum, key/value dict, or
whatever.  Isn't it possible to use FT_VALIDATE_ERRORDEF macros to do
the same?  Or maybe your auto-generation process can create a C header
file with such macros...

> I think I might add a switch, e.g. -g glypid:size, to ftvalid to
> hook into the diagnostic patch, to look at errors/warnings on
> specific glyph at a specific size.  People okay with that?

Looks ok.