Re: [ft-devel] fontconfig (Re: Something in 2.6.4 broke my windows)

From: Hin-Tak Leung
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] fontconfig (Re: Something in 2.6.4 broke my windows)
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2016 19:51:26 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 8/7/16, Alexei Podtelezhnikov <address@hidden> wrote:

> I hate
 this argument so deeply! I do not know a single
 distribution
 that updates FreeType between
 their major releases. Most distribution
 still ship very old version. I do not
 understand the fear of "look
 different". Yeah, some people do not clean
 their houses because it
 will look different.
 I do not care about such people. Complaining
 about different is trolling.

It is not about looking different - it is about potentially disruptive changes
which applies to every font on the system. The convenience of fontconfig -
not covered by the default font.

I clean house when I know my next few days would be free. A dead rat under the
carpet could be messy... why start looking for dead rats and moving furniture
when you are inviting friends over for dinner tomorrow? :-).