[ft-devel] desktop-wide freetype setting Re: Something in 2.6.4 broke my

From: Hin-Tak Leung
Subject: [ft-devel] desktop-wide freetype setting Re: Something in 2.6.4 broke my windows
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2016 21:40:11 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 7/7/16, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

> I disagree.  The
 above *is* a clean, system-wide solution.  Right now,
 there is no possibility by a user (or by the
 system administrator) to
 influence the
 default rendering setup of FreeType at run-time.

I have just be reminded that there is a desktop-wide setting for gnome users,
via gnome-tweak-tool.
Under 'Fonts', there a a hinting tab, which has 4 choices: full, medium,
slight, none; and 'antialiasing'
with 3 choices: none, grey, rgba. I don't knoe where it is stored or how it is
done.
Presumably gnome sets the hinting choice dynamically for every gtk app.