[ft-devel] CMakeLists.txt patch to avoid installing files

From: David Capello
Subject: [ft-devel] CMakeLists.txt patch to avoid installing files
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 12:40:08 -0300

Hi people,

I've a project where I'm compiling zlib, libpng, and freetype as submodules, and I don't need to install these libraries (because they're being compiled as static libraries).

Anyway, zlib already use a cmake variable to avoid the installation (SKIP_INSTALL_ALL), for example:
https://github.com/madler/zlib/blob/master/CMakeLists.txt#L213

So if we define this variable, we get a cmake error:

  CMake Error: install(EXPORT "freetype-targets" ...) includes target "freetype" which requires target "zlibstatic" that is not in the export set.

So basically, we need a way to avoid calling install() commands from freetype's CMakeLists.txt file if SKIP_INSTALL_ALL/LIBRARIES/HEADERS are defined.
A patch is attached and possible commit here:
https://github.com/aseprite/freetype2/commit/27e2f011ebef85144724c30f63285852612aafa0

- David