Re: [ft-devel] [ftgrid] Display rendered bitmap (new feature).

From: Alexei Podtelezhnikov
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] [ftgrid] Display rendered bitmap (new feature).
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2016 02:01:04 -0500

> Trying it on arial.ttf, I see some greenish artifacts at the pixel
> borders; similarly, the outline partially changes its colour depending
> on the zoom.  Is it possible to suppress these effects?

I'm pretty sure that those are a graphics system caching bug.  There is a cache
of gradients to speed up blending with gamma. This feature stresses its limits
because there is a lot more gradients to cache as we blend on top of blending.

Other things to add: monochrome bitmaps when antialias is off and error
checking.