Re: [ft-devel] CFF divide operator

From: Alexei Podtelezhnikov
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] CFF divide operator
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2016 22:41:11 -0500

> DA> I'd recommend a fixed point divide, for cross platform compatibility.
> DA> On 2/4/2016 7:16 PM, Derek B. Noonburg wrote:
>
> And freetype's FT_DIV_MOD is likely the right starting point.

No. We do not need 'mod'. At most we need FT_DivFix.

The suggested use of div is as follows from Type1 specs:

"If additional precision is necessary, expressions such as 145 10 div
may be used to provide a number (in this case, 14.5) that cannot
be expressed directly in the charstring format."

This worked so far: src/psaux/t1decode.c:1332.