[ft-devel] Build Process Issues | freetype-2.5.2

From: Warton, James
Subject: [ft-devel] Build Process Issues | freetype-2.5.2
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2015 05:23:52 +0000

I’ve tried to compile FreeType2 using MSYS on a windows7 machine without success.  I’m not that experienced with compiling libraries, but would really like to implement freetype2 into my project.  The project is managed through VS2015 and have not had a successful build that can be linked.  I’ve read through the various installation files, and am not sure what I’ve missed.

Can someone walk me through this process?

I posted a more detailed description of my attempts here:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/34365387/freetype2-clarification-for-compile-process

The version I’m trying to build from is:

freetype-2.5.2

I also attempted 2.6.3, with similar issues, and opted to test the build process on an older version to avoid dependency issues with HarfBuzz.  The application is very basic, so it may not be required.  I can upgrade to the latest version once I fully understand the build process.

I also tried to build the projects provided in builds/windows directory without success.  If this is a preferable method, I’d gladly take that approach.

Thanks in advance,

James Warton

Associate | Computational Designer

HKS | LINE
Creating places that enhance the human experience

350 N Saint Paul St, Suite 100

Dallas TX 75201-4240

P +1 214-969-3361

If you are sending large files, please use my Thru dropbox.

web | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | LinkedIn