Re: [ft-devel] Announcing FreeType 2.6.2

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Announcing FreeType 2.6.2
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2015 09:25:39 +0100 (CET)

>> Would you be willing to host the site on Github Pages?
>>
>> http://pages.github.com
>
> Is this addressed to Werner?  I personally would vote in favor of
> moving the FreeType site and main code repository to GitHub, simply
> because it's the most popular service with the largest user base and
> has nice things for running a project.  I think this can make it
> easier for people to contribute to FreeType.

Being `popular' is not sufficient to convince me...  I don't like
github's idea of cloning everything.  I don't like its bug tracker
interface either, which makes it unnecessarily complicated to provide
non-image, binary data.  So I won't move FreeType's code repository
and bug tracker to github.

Regarding the freetype.org documentation stuff, I don't have the time
(and admittedly the interest) to do a move.  Nikolaus, do you
volunteer to set up everything?  If yes, could you give an outline of
the necessary steps?