Re: [ft-devel] State of TrueType interpreter v38 and up?

From: Nikolaus Waxweiler
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] State of TrueType interpreter v38 and up?
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2015 16:41:20 +0100

Infinality patches are integrated. See in ttinterp.c under |#ifdef
TT_CONFIG_OPTION_SUBPIXEL_HINTING

Ah, okay, so ClearType support is theoretically complete? What about v39 and v40?

I personally do not like how this is done. Also the truth remains that
ClearType patents will prevent this from wide acceptance in the near
future. By then you will upgrade to a 4k monitor and forget this.

I what way do you not like it? And Werner said something like leaving half the hints out is not covered by patents? I thought only subpixel rendering is covered by patents? I also fear that crappy LoDPI screens will be with us for quite a while...