[ft-devel] Support standardized CBDT/CBLC

From: Behdad Esfahbod
Subject: [ft-devel] Support standardized CBDT/CBLC
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 14:13:54 -0400

Werner,

Apparently somewhere during the standardization, CBDT/CBLC got their version
bumped to 3:

  https://www.microsoft.com/typography/otspec/cblc.htm
  https://www.microsoft.com/typography/otspec/cbdt.htm

FreeType currently only accepts 2, which is the number we used in our
proposal.  ttsbit.c needs to be updated to accept 3.  I suggest we accept both
2 and 3 for both color and non-color versions of this.  Or you can only accept
2 for non-color (EBDT/EBLC), and accept both 2 and 3 for color ones.  If doing
so, you want to disable color in EBDT/EBLC as well..

Whatever you do, please don't break our existing fonts, that is, CBLC/CBDT
with version number 2.

Thanks!
--
behdad