Re: [ft-devel] Autohinter: stem darkening, first rough prototype

From: Dave Arnold
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Autohinter: stem darkening, first rough prototype
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 07:41:56 -0700

On 8/28/2015 7:10 AM, Nikolaus Waxweiler wrote:
You want a *global* stem width for all scripts within a font?  I'm not
sure whether this is a good idea.

Uh, I thought that's how it works for Postscript and OpenType/CFF fonts? I'm
only aware of the (face-)global dict with a face-wide stdVW.

If not, I will need to rethink my approach ;)

StdHW and StdVW are in the private DICT. There is one private DICT per font for
most western fonts, but there are multiple private DICTs (subfonts) and
therefore multiple Std?W values per font for CID fonts. CID fonts are most
commonly used for far east languages (CJK).