Re: [ft-devel] Apple offset scaling

From: Alexei Podtelezhnikov
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Apple offset scaling
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 15:35:23 -0400

>> There is this page:
>> http://fontforge.github.io/assets/old/Composites/index.html
>
> Nice, thanks!  After seeing this page now I can faintly remember that
> I've seen it a looong time ago also :-)

I think George Williams wrote it. However his empirical equations on
this page and in the FreeType code have xy and yx elements (as in
FT_Matrix) switched. :)  Scale01 and Scale10, can you tell me which is
which? Freetype reads them in this order in is xx, yx, xy, yy. So
Scale01 is yx and Scale10 is xy, i.e., the FreeType code does not
correspond to this page.