Re: [ft-devel] a couple of warnings from 2.5.4 with mingw/darwinx

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] a couple of warnings from 2.5.4 with mingw/darwinx
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 06:39:58 +0100 (CET)

>> It is a bit complicated, but I think in a nutshell it means running
>> configure with CC="darwinx-gcc -arch ppc -arch i386 -arch x86_64"
>> [...]

Thanks to both of you for working on that issue.

Not related to the bug, I have a question regarding the build process:
If I cross-compile a program `foo' with those instructions for Darwin,
is it possible to create a statically linked program for the GUI?
Using the `mxe' cross compiling environment (which is a wrapper around
MinGW64), I can e.g. build Qt applications statically on Windows,
getting just a single binary file without any DLLs.  This is not
possible if I try to compile on a Mac, which is *very* annoying.
People might argue that it is against the philosophy of OSX, but for
small programs like my ttfautohintGUI tool it would be a tremendous
help if I had a single file and nothing else...