Re: [ft-devel] undocumented hook to activate the latin2 writing system

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] undocumented hook to activate the latin2 writing system
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2015 06:51:28 +0100 (CET)

> Do you know what the latin2 thing is about?

Not yet.

> Is the distinction relevant?  Still there even?

I still have to investigate.  The thing is that I simply don't know
what latin2 is doing exactly, due to lack of time.  Maybe there are
important ideas that would further improve the auto-hinter.

> See what we added in the color work:
>
> #define FT_LOAD_COLOR                        ( 1L << 20 )
>
> Ouch!

I don't mind, but...

> Lets remove that FT_OPTION_AUTOFIT2 and make whatever is better the
> default and only implementation.

... this is too early.  While I applaud your efforts to clean up
FreeType, please let this untouched for the time being.