Re: [ft-devel] Cleaning up ttinterp

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Cleaning up ttinterp
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 11:29:11 +0100 (CET)

>>> Humm.  Did you get to take a look at this by any chance?
>>
>> It's on my TODO list
>
> If all relevant compilers implement the switch as a jump table,
> indeed there is no need to have an internal surrogate
> implementation.  Right?

I guess it is no longer of importance that we have two implementations
– within the last 10 years compilers have certainly improved...  And
noone on the list objected either so I suppose that it is safe to
simply remove the stuff to make the code more maintainable.

Note that I will use Behdad's approach as a guide only, retaining more
comments and the like.