Re: [ft-devel] longjmp issue 1

From: Behdad Esfahbod
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] longjmp issue 1
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2014 18:30:07 -0800

On 14-12-07 02:31 AM, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> And please don't answer  with `longjmp is evil'...

But that *is* what's going on!  Looks like longjmp might be being called
before setjmp being called.

> I've also attached `Roboto-Thin.ttf', together with the output of
> valgrind (current SVN version) applied to a `ftvalid' binary created
> with `make devel; make' of current git.

I highly suggest you remove ftvalid (and gxvalid).  It's unused, which makes
it untested, and as such broken.

OTS does the same thing, but is actually used in Firefox and Chrome, and as a
result tested in practical situations.  But even that was very broken in
certain ways around GSUB/GPOS and we have just got to a point that it can be
called ok.

A more extensive font lint tool is a great idea, and one that is sorely
missing right now.  But FreeType isn't the place to do it.

My 0.02USD
--
behdad
http://behdad.org/