Re: [ft-devel] How to get Windows Name from type 1 fonts

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] How to get Windows Name from type 1 fonts
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 20:29:00 +0100 (CET)

> I have an rtf which uses a type 1 font. When type 1 font is applied
> on the text, it writes the "Windows Name".  So while parsing the
> .pbf file I am unable to get that name.  google search shows that
> "Windows Name" is stored in the .pfm file.  Is there any way I could
> get that name? Plz find attached the screen shot for clarification.

You can use `FT_Attach_File' or `FT_Attach_Stream' to link a PFM file
with a PFB file.  However, FreeType only extracts the metric data; the
`Windows Name' from the `PostScript Information' section is not
handled, and you have to get it manually from the attached stream or
file.

Adobe's `5178.PFM.pdf' technote gives the specification that should
help you parse the PFM file.

  https://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/en/font/5178.PFM.pdf