Re: [ft-devel] FreeType GETINFO[]

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] FreeType GETINFO[]
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2014 06:41:57 +0100 (CET)

> I am wondering what FreeType returns for the instruction GETINFO[32]
> (asks whether GrayScale is ON/OFF) ?

It works as described in the OpenType specification: If you use
FT_RENDER_MODE_MONO, grayscale is not set.  Otherwise it is set.

> Same question with GETINFO[0] (rasterizer version)? What does
> FreeType return?

This one is documented in `The TrueType Driver', since you can change
the interpreter version at run-time between version 35 and 38.

  http://freetype.org/freetype2/docs/reference/ft2-tt_driver.html

> I couldn’t find documentations about that.

Have a look into function `Ins_GETINFO' in the source code file
`src/truetype/ttinterp.c' for more.