Re: [ft-devel] master, Ubuntu-(Italic)Bold, autohinter: 'a' and 'o' over

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] master, Ubuntu-(Italic)Bold, autohinter: 'a' and 'o' overshoot 1 pixel
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 07:02:31 +0200 (CEST)

> I just compiled master and got what's in the attached picture. I was
> on 8a94b1efd6cfe76ffbd66e9315542c9438a34722 before I think and all was
> fine.

I recently got a similar report for Chrome (and I guess that you are
using this very browser, too), and the problem was not repeatable with
any of the FreeType demo programs.  Looking into the git repository, I
don't see a change that might cause this sudden overshoot, given that
commit 8a94 works just fine for you.

Maybe I'm wrong.  However, to examine the issue more closely, I need a
font for testing...