Re: [ft-devel] Freetype 2.5 crash on windows 64 bit executable

From: Yuliana Zigangirova
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Freetype 2.5 crash on windows 64 bit executable
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2014 09:38:22 +0400

Am 02.04.2014 09:25, schrieb Werner LEMBERG:
Can you provide a minimum, stand-alone example that exhibits the
crash, and that I could test?
I have meant the same problem with Win64 executable of Freetype
2.4.10.
Yeah.  BTW, does your code work with *any* previous FreeType version?
Then bisecting might still be useful.
Yes, I use Freetype more than 10 years and it always worked. But this is the first
time I have tried win64.
Bisecting looks like a lot of work and I am not very good at working with
CVS,  but I will try to find time.

Do you wish such example?  I think I can construct it, but it will
be win64.
Well, I would need something that doesn't include <windows.h>, and
that doesn't use any graphics so that I can compile it on my GNU/Linux
box.  Then we can at least narrow down the problematic issue.
Ok, yes,  I  will do that.

What about debugging?  Can you compile FreeType with debugging
information and step through the crashing function?
As I wrote, debugger itself is a little buggy an Borlands's win64 compiler, but I am trying this way as well and I will tell you if I get useful information.
Yuliana