Re: [ft-devel] A few more problematic fonts

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] A few more problematic fonts
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 13:18:27 +0100 (CET)

Hin-Tak,

thanks for the font.

> A typical entry in its ftdump looks like:
> fixed size
>      0: height 11, width 0
>            size 9.000, x_ppem 9.000, y_ppem 9.000

This was a typo, now fixed in git.

> and indeed, it looks bad at 9pt and all the sizes listed in
> ftdump. (9, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 24).

This, however, is a bug in the font itself: It sets its embedded
bitmap type to value 7 (bit-aligned), while the data is type 6
(byte-aligned).  I've fixed this in the git repository also so that
FreeType can manage such errors.

It seems that this serious error could only survive because OS X no
longer uses bitmap strikes.  Perhaps you can report this to Apple
anyway...