Re: [ft-devel] Problems compiling freetype into dll

From: Jörg Günnewig
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Problems compiling freetype into dll
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 23:18:00 +0200

Hi.

>>What do you mean with `mingw32-make'?

The mingw32-make.exe of mingw, which is located in mingw/bin.

>>Are you actually using the mingw build system?
Yes.

>>Then simply say `./configure' within an msys terminal, followed by `make'.

D'oh! I've been running mingw32-make.exe directly from cmd. Still getting used to this build system.

>> Please show us *exactly* what you do from a clean directory

My msys/mingw is installed under
C:\mingw\mingw\msys\1.0

I unpacked a clean freetype archive to
C:\mingw\mingw\msys\1.0\home\ft2501\freetype-2.5.0.1

Ran msys.bat, changed to the directory

Since I don't need png support, I ran
./configure --without.png

Then, my platform gets identified as unix.

>> please send us log data

I added the log as an attachment.

With regards

Jörg