Re: [ft-devel] Problems compiling freetype into dll

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Problems compiling freetype into dll
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 09:07:50 +0200 (CEST)

> I've tried to compile freetype 2.5.0.1 from source using mingw32-make
> (v2.8.3) on win7.
>
> My system was identyfied as windows w/gcc, so I went and manually
> replaced the contents of confic.mk with the contents of
> w32-mingw32.mk.

What do you mean with `mingw32-make'?  Are you actually using the
mingw build system?  Then simply say `./configure' within an msys
terminal, followed by `make'.  IIRC, this works out of the box.

> "mingw32-make: *** No rule to make target `exported_symbols', needed by
> `dll'.

A bug.  Don't use the `dll' target (I've just removed it in the git
repository).  Note that there are high chances that the non-configure
setup is broken since I don't use Windows by default for testing.

> How can I fix this and get a dll?

Well, the DLL should be built automatically.  Please show us *exactly*
what you do from a clean directory, and please send us log data.