Re: [ft-devel] new CFF engine

From: vernon adams
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] new CFF engine
Date: Fri, 03 May 2013 06:59:31 -0700

I am also seeing the 'wavy text in ftview', with the Adobe engine + hinting:
on. By 'wavy text' i assume we are meaning that some stems are not snapping to
the xheight, baseline or capheight, but +1 or -1 pixel from those lines.
Kubuntu 13.04 64bit.

I would like to test this further, so i have some questions;
1. I have built+installed freetype after patching cffobjs.c to 'driver-
hinting_engine    = FT_CFF_HINTING_ADOBE;'
Will this 'patched' freetype now force the adobe engine as my OS level engine?
If not, how can i force the adobe engine at OS level.
2. Can anyone recommend a few CFF fonts with known good ps hints, to use in
control tests?

thanks

-v