Re: [ft-devel] Greetings

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Greetings
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 07:48:45 +0100 (CET)

Hello Tom!

> I know I said a while ago that I was back to FreeType development,
> but then I dropped it.  This time I think it is going to stick.

This is great!  Welcome back.

> I look forward to contributing again.  I don't know if there is any
> font parsing work that needs to be done.  That's what I did before,
> perhaps I can get back into that...

A roadmap of things I want to do this year can be found here:

  http://pledgie.com/campaigns/18808

Besides this, a possible target to investigate is the unification of
PS hinting with the autohinter.  Of course, there are a number of open
bugs at Savannah:

  https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?group=freetype

A very useful enhancement is probably

  https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?32245

namely to implement autohinting in y direction only.