Re: [ft-devel] New Infinality Release

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] New Infinality Release
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 07:52:20 +0100 (CET)

[I'm sending this to the ft-devel mailing list since `infinality.net'
 seems to have e-mail problems.  If you are not Erik or Alexei, you
 might ignore it :-)]

Erik, Alexei!

First of all, thanks for working on the code :-)

> Interesting...  I thought there was a problem because I didn't see
> anything updating on the Savannah end.  Looks like while I was typing
> my last email, things showed up and appear to be OK.  Werner, can you
> verify that everything is OK?  Hope I didn't mess anything up.  :)

It seems OK, and it compiles fine.

To avoid such problems in the future I ask you to always do

  git pull

before saying

  git commit     .

And in case there is a long delay between committing and pushing, you
should call

  git pull

again right before

  git push

so that you can resolve conflicts easily.

This still doesn't completely prevent concurrent commits, but it
reduces the time frame within this can happen to a few minutes.

>>> Hey! You're breaking my commit! :) Just about to fix that stuff.
>>> Can you put it back?

No, he can't :-)

Note that due to having a ChangeLog file, git's `rebase' functionality
will fail usually.