Re: [ft-devel] Configuring for alternative build environments

From: Del Merritt
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Configuring for alternative build environments
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 10:12:32 -0500

On 11/29/2012 09:33 AM, Del Merritt wrote:
On 11/27/2012 01:57 PM, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
It looks like for starters I'll be overriding a bunch of the
contents of ftstdlib.h - things like "fseek" would be replaced by my
own, Java-specific version that operates on the InputStream.
Yes, this is the way to go, I think.  Please report any problems to
the list!

    : [snip]
The problem is that I have a customized version of ftoption.h.  According to CUSTOMIZE, "Just put your custom  `ftoption.h' file into the objects directory".  When I do this sequence:
$ cd ~/work
$ cp jni-ftoption.h ~/work/ft2-jni/ftoption.h
$ cd ~/work/ft2-jni

$ ~/ft2/freetype2/configure CFLAGS=-fPIC
$ make
My customized version of ftoption.h disappears!  Oops.
    :
Related: CUSTOMIZE seems silent on the handling of modules.cfg in this scenario of building outside of the FT source tree.  Since my goal is to leave The Source pristine whenever possible, I'd like to specify where modules.cfg comes from.

A closer look at configure shows that for this part, putting modules.cfg in my build area (where I issue the configure and make commands) should suffice for handling my customized modules list.  I'm still all ears about the ftoption.h issue, though.

BTW, I'm using freetype-2.4.10.

-Del

Any clarification on what I have missed would be appreciated!
-Del