Re: [ft-devel] [autohint] improved handling of serif fonts

From: vernon adams
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] [autohint] improved handling of serif fonts
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 19:15:28 +0100

I was hoping this would fix the 'Q-tail' effect, but it hasn't. Please see the
tails on uppercase Q's at 17, 16, 15 px
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-kA_3D758Iks/T_GZDZ5yIeI/AAAAAAAAD4E/9Fl0PH15BIY/s949/ubuntu-XP-firefox-ttfautohint-wgGD.png

ps i notice that file sizes of ttfautohinted fonts are only a slight % larger
than the manual hinted originals now :)

-v