Re: [ft-devel] New Infinality Release

From: Alexei Podtelezhnikov
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] New Infinality Release
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 16:50:20 -0400

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 9:52 AM, Infinality <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 06/18/2012 08:40 AM, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
>>>
>>> I really dislike how you disabled hinting in the x-direction.  [...]
>>
>> Thanks for your reviews, and please continue.  I'm sure Erik will
>> collect them all :-)
>>
>> Note that I won't do any changes right now; instead, I hope that
>> Erik's SSH problems are gone soon so that he can maintain the code by
>> himself.
>>
> Yep, I welcome reviews and suggestions for improvement.  Be gentle; I never
> claimed to be a C coder and I'm still learning best-practice for these
> things.

I think the patch is actually pretty clean and well separated from the
rest of the code with #ifdef's. The patch only intrudes into the
rounding routines to effectively disable them in x-direction. So I
suggest that you use "if (y-direction)" OUTSIDE the rounding functions
effectively skipping the functions.

Do you see my point?