Re: [ft-devel] FT_Get_Char, FT_Get_Next_Char

From: Nicolas Rougier
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] FT_Get_Char, FT_Get_Next_Char
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 18:17:18 +0200

On Sep 25, 2011, at 12:39 , Werner LEMBERG wrote:

>> Using the following code with the attached (very small) font:
>
> No font attached.  BTW, never ever send complete non-free fonts to
> this list!  Small, subsetted ones are OK.

I thought I had attached it. It is available from:
http://code.google.com/p/freetype-py/issues/detail?id=17

(Look for zapf.cff (329 bytes))

>> I'm getting the following output:
>>
>> Num glyphs: 3
>> char: 32 (index = 1)
>> char: 160 (index = 1)
>> How do I get the last char ? (or did I do something wrong ?)
>
> Without seeing the font this can't be answered.  For example,
> character code 160 might map to the `space' glyph, having glyph
> index 1 also.

The actual question was related to the number of glyphs (3) and the use of
first/next char. Am I not supposed to be able to get all glyphs using them ?
Obviously I only get 2 of them while I would have expect 3.

Nicolas