Re: [ft-devel] character spacing

From: Louis Desjardins
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] character spacing
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 07:05:01 -0700

Thanks! Well when I perform this search, no 'GPOS' text is found, but I do find the text 'kern' - so at least Freetype can handle this file.

I also tried the tool "ttx" as you suggested - thanks for this tip! Indeed it turns out that the 'kern' table does not have any of the pairs I was looking for (which I thought was very surprising). When I do enter a glyph indices for pairs that I do actually see in the kern table, then FT_Get_Kerning does return a value.

My original problem persists though and there is too much spacing between certain characters, such as "F" and "a", and between "1" and almost any other number. Is this not something that should be dealt with by the kerning table, or do I now need to look for a different font?

Thank-you again!
LD