Re: [ft-devel] PCF bitmap foundary patch

From: İsmail Dönmez
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] PCF bitmap foundary patch
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 18:59:24 +0200

Hi;

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 6:41 PM, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:
> in openSUSE we apply a patch called freetype2-bitmap-foundry.patch
> which seems to add foundry support to PCF font files, likely to fix
> the problem reported over at
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/fontconfig/2006-February/002072.html
> .  The patch is attached for your inspection, can anyone check if
> its useful still?

It seems to be useful.  However, I would like to have a better
description what this fix is intended to do, with an example or a good
bug report.

I've CCed coolo, apparently the author of the patch; perhaps he or she
can shed some light on this issue.

The patch author is actually Mike Fabian, which I CC'd now, hope he has a long fresh memory! :-)

Regards,
ismail