Re: [ft-devel] [Patch] Compensate blue zone rounding after scale

From: Just Fill Bugs
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] [Patch] Compensate blue zone rounding after scale
Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 13:04:03 +0800

On 05/14/2011 02:46 AM, Just Fill Bugs wrote:

The 主,些,它,生,里 are not adjusted by the blue zone because their
bottom line were too high in the original design. With compensation, the
distance between blue zone to the un-adjust bottom line increased by 1px.

To conclude, if we cannot catch the bottom line of ALL the glyphs into
the blue zones, adding extra 1px to the bottom might not be a good idea
in practice.

To think how to benefit glyphs that escaped from blue zone, I wonder if we can change the scale and the delta of the whole metrics according to the calculated blue zone.

Maybe only apply when shoot == ref. Scale origin height to fit height, then shift bottom ref.orig to ref.fit.

It's more like the "warper" code but instead base on blue zone and applied to the global metrics as a whole.

Maybe not, if the escaped glyphs can escape the blue zone, they might as well not be affected much by the small scaling and shifting changes.

Anyway, the global metrics change should somehow affect none blue zone edges and reduce the deformation brought in by the blue zone alignment. Basically eliminated the anchor_drift from aflatin2.c.

Make sense?