Re: [ft-devel] Tweak CJK Blue zone parameters

From: mpsuzuki
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Tweak CJK Blue zone parameters
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 09:21:35 +0900

Hi,

If further tweak is needed for CJK bluezone, the code
would be unmatured, I will disable it by default.
In fact, the original demonstration was given by 11pt
glyph of WenQuanYi-ZenHei, but your new tweak seems to
change the dist value for the glyphs smaller than 17pt
I think 17pt is unstable/temporal tuning value and not
determined deducively. It makes me afraid that the code
includes some ad-hoc parameters and they are not tested
well.

How long do you need to find stable values for the tunable
parameters? If it is difficult to estimate, I will propose
new API to manipulate the parameters by FT2 clients.

Regards,
mpsuzuki