Re: [ft-devel] FT_StrokerRec::valid is not used

From: Graham Asher
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] FT_StrokerRec::valid is not used
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 09:25:28 +0000

I have discovered some other minor optimisations to the stroker module, but I'm not sure if it's worth mentioning them - they won't provide much speed improvement but will get rid of some anomalies and inefficiencies. I've been experimenting with a modified version of the stroker in CartoType, in the expectation that FreeType's system is faster than my own home-grown one (I don't know the answer to that yet). Map renderers make very heavy use of strokers for road envelopes, and envelopes of other linear features, and polygon borders.

Best regards,

Graham